Langley school to warn students after vape juice playground incident

Students will receive talks about the dangers of picking up unknown objects after five R.C. Garnett Demonstration School students in Langley were taken to hospital last week after handling a bottle of vape liquid.

A letter to parents from R.C. Garnett Principal Adam Woelders gave some more details on the incident.

The five students involved were handling a bottle of vaping fluid they found on the grass near the school’s softball diamond, Woelders wrote to parents, and they came into contact with the contents of the bottle.

Staff followed procedures, which meant a call to B.C. Poison Control. It was Poison Control that advised calling an ambulance, and the students were checked out at hospital and released. Their parents were also called immediately, Woelders said.

“Out of an abundance of caution, staff assisted in washing any students who were in the area of the incident,” Woelders wrote.

Read more at https://www.aldergrovestar.com

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s