You’ve decided that you want to purchase your first vape mod or e-cigarette, but there’s one problem – you’ve never actually vaped before and you have no idea what to expect. There’s nothing to be ashamed of. At one point, every vaper was was facing their first time vaping and was a bit overwhelmed by how much there was to know. Getting started vaping for the first timeisn’t as easy as going to the local store and buying a pack of cigarettes – you have to find the right mod, match it with the right coils and batteries, find an e-liquid that you like, and then figure out how to put it all together.
With all of these things that you need to know just to get your mod screen to turn on, your first vape can become confusing. We want to help you navigate through this process and give you a few first time vaping tips to get the maximum amount of pleasure and enjoyment on your first time using a vape.
Every Vaper Has A First Vaping Experience
At some point, all of us were in your shoes. We got our new vaping kit, popped it open – saw a bunch of pieces and said, “Hmm.. now what?” Since we really don’t understand vaping terms as a newbie, the manual often seems like it’s written in a totally different language. We hop on YouTube to look for a video of someone assembling their device, but when we try it ourselves we get an error. Or we forget an important step and burn out the coil on the first pull. Or we don’t spin our tanks in enough and get e-juice all over the place. The point is, there’s no need to be embarrassed if you’re totally lost – we’ve all had a first vape experience and we’ve all been there.
First Time Mod Selection
The mod that you use will have a major impact on your first vaping experience. For example, some mods were made specifically for direct-to-lung vaping and may not suit someone looking for a mouth-to-lung experience. Some vapers want an experience that most resembles smoking, while others want a totally different experience when they vape.
- Pen Style Devices: These devices are shaped in a cylindrical pen shape and are best for those looking to best match the smoking experience. Due to the elongated shape and low wattage, those just switching to vaping from smoking often prefers this style as an introductory device.
- Pod Systems: Pod systems are made for ultimate convenience. Unlike other types of mods, these systems are easy to assemble on the first time. These mods are small and compact and come in several different shapes. Refilling and firing the mod is a simple as popping in a new “pod” and taking a pull on the device.
- Box Mods: Like the name implies, these mods typically have a box shape and come in a wide variety of options – different wattages, different battery capacities, tanks sizes and more. Box mods are perfect for those looking for a mod that gives them flexibility in experiences and power. Box mods are good for any level of vaper since they have the most wattage range and typically come with a variety of customizable settings.
Understanding Ohms and Wattage
The strength of your vape hit will be mostly determined by ohms and wattage. Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a physicist or an academic scholar to figure it out – we’re going to make this so simple that you can learn it without a textbook.
There are millions of vape users around the world and everyone has a different idea of what the ‘ideal vaping experience’ really is. Some vapers want a huge amount of vapor production, while others prefer a much milder experience. By experimenting with the ohms and wattage that they vape at, vapers can create the exact experience that they desire. Here’s how it works:
- Ohms are a measure of resistance. The more resistance or the higher the ohms, the less current that your atomizer will receive. As you decrease ohms, you allow more current to flow through the atomizer, producing more and more vapor.
- Wattage refers to the amount of power that a device will output. By increasing wattage, more power will flow through the device, resulting in a warmer and thicker vapor production.
Looking for more information on different types of mods? Check out our article, “What You Need To Know About Different Types of Vape Mods”
Finding the right type of vape juice is another critical factor in creating your optimal vape experience. If you use a juice that you hate on your first time vaping, it may leave a bad taste in your mouth regarding vaping in general! There are thousands of vape juices to select from, with different VG/PG levels and nicotine levels and flavor categories. Your perfect juice is out there somewhere, but knowing what type of vaper you are makes it much easier to find!
Understanding Nicotine Levels
Vape juices come in several different nicotine level options. A higher nicotine level typically produces a harsher hit, and are usually preferred by individuals who were heavy smokers in the past. Vaping with a high nicotine juice at a high wattage level can cause an irritation to your throat, so many sub-ohm vapers choose a lower nicotine juice.
For standard devices, vapers generally choose between no nicotine, 3mg, 6mg, 12mg or 18 mg. Pod systems on the other hand, accept pods that may be anywhere from 20mg to 55mg.
If you’d like more information on choosing your optimal level, check out our article – “Which Vaping Nicotine Level Is Best For You?”
There are so many flavors out there that you could try a new one everyday and never use the same flavor twice in your life! Finding flavors that you enjoy can have a significant impact on your first time vaping experience – and every vaping experience onward. You can’t try every juice in the world, but knowing your general flavor profile will help you quickly narrow your options. Some of the most popular vape juice categories include: Tobacco, Menthol, Fruit, Dessert, Candy, and Cereal.
For a list of our staff’s favorite vape flavors from each category, check out our Guide to Vape Juice Flavors.
Getting The Most Out Of Vaping
It’s easy to get overwhelmed your first time vaping, but remember, all of us started there at one point. Picking the right mod for the encounter you expect and the right juice for your personal flavor pallet will ensure that you have the best vaping experience every time you pick up your device. There is no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to vaping – take the time to experiment and find what’s best for you. Feel like the juice is too harsh on your throat? Try a juice with a lower nicotine level. Too much vapor production? Lower your wattage. The vape experience you desire is out there, and as you experiment with different mods, different settings, and different juices; eventually you will find exactly what works best for you!
Read more at https://vaping.com