Quitting smoking today is the best possible decision you could make for your health. Every aspect of your body, all the way down to your DNA, begins healing the second you stop smoking. Here are some of the effects quitting smoking has on your body.
How does quitting smoking affect my heart?
- Immediate lowering of your blood pressure and heart rate.
- Your risk of heart attack declines within 24 hours.
- Your blood will become thinner, which reduces the risk of blood clots.
- The amount of fats and cholesterol floating in your blood stream will begin to reduce, which prevents fatty buildups from occurring in your arteries.
How does quitting smoking affect my brain?
- The nicotine receptors in your brain will begin to return to normal after a month of quitting.
- Your brain will rewire itself to break the cycle of addiction.
How does quitting smoking affect my skin?
- Your skin will become clearer and your blemishes will begin to disappear.
- Your skin will begin to be able to protect itself from wrinkles and premature aging.
How does quitting smoking affect my hearing and vision?
- Quitting smoking will help to keep your hearing sharp and prevent hearing loss.
- Your night vision will begin to improve.
- Your overall vision will start to improve.
How does quitting smoking affect my teeth?
- You will stop your teeth from becoming yellow.
- Your breath will no longer smell.
How does quitting smoking affect my lungs?
- Quitting smoking will reduce the likelihood that you’ll develop emphysema in your later years.
- Your cilia will begin to regrow and gain normal function fairly quickly after you quit smoking.
There’s no reason to wait. As you can see, you’ll begin to notice the health benefits almost immediately after quitting. Don’t let the withdrawal symptoms scare you. Do you really want to continue down the path your on and have to worry about getting cancer, emphysema, or a heart attack later on in your life?
The best way to quit smoking is nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). A lot of people have seen success by using a nicotine patch or gum, but by far the most effective method is to use an electronic cigarette. Start vaping today. Your body will thank you later.
Read more at vaporvanity.com